Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Trunk-or-Treat




I realized today that the girls have never been traditionally trick-or-treating. This year will be their 4th Halloween and they have always had costumes and had fun, but never the traditional way.


Their first Halloween was spent in the NICU. Nana crocheted them the cutest little pumpkin hats. Halloween number two brought 2 tiny little darling lady bugs to our house! But the girls were still too little to go out door to door and were asleep before it got dark. Our 3rd holiday was on a Sunday. So my cute little quack quacks (ducks) couldn't go out with the other costumed kids.


Despite no TRICK-or-treating, we have always loved our TRUNK-or-treating nights. Tonight was our 3rd annual trunk-or-treat and once again we had a great time! Who doesn't enjoy a good chili cook off, kids booths like the oh so fun fishing behind the cardboard sea for candy, and decorated cars lined up handing out candy to more then eager kids. Tonight my ridiculously darling bumble bees had more then their fair share of fun and candy. And I did too. It would have been even better if I didn't have a little terrifying time when I lost Keagan for a little while and ran around the church frantically searching for her. Who would have thought I would have found her half naked in the bathroom. I guess a bumble bee costume can be itchy!


Glad to enjoy a fun and festive night with Nana, Grandmas, and so many other great friends. Now it's time to gear up for our first traditional trick-or-treat!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment