Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Meet the Teacher...Round 2




Today was Riley's turn to meet her teacher! We went to Krahn Elementary School and were greeted with alot of very happy and welcoming faces. Once we got the registration complete, Riley's Special Education case manager was able to give us a little tour of the school and took us to her classroom. Miss Kellogg was so excited to meet Riley and it looks like they are all ready for her to start school. Her backpack hook, behavior chart, picture spot, and bin are all ready for her! Looks like momma is the only one not ready for this!

Seeing the classroom today made it so real that I am sending my baby out into the big world. I know it can be tough out there for a typical child! Let alone a Special Needs child! I just don't want the world to eat her alive- or even take a nibble!! She's so safe and happy at home, and I can monitor everything here. But I know sending her to school will help her grow and stretch, make progress and learn all different things that I may not be able to teach her. Plus the people that come into her life, wether peers, teachers or therapists will be wonderful and important relationships for her. They will love her! How could they not?!

So those are the things I have to remind myself of! That this is all for her benefit and for her good. Once we get past the initial adjustment faze, I know my baby will love school! Just like her sister. It's just getting to that part that may be the struggle!

Watch out world!! Here comes Riley!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comments:

  1. Yes, her teachers will LOVE her! She is sooooo LOVEABLE- she will teach them!

    ReplyDelete