Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

In My Corner

Being a mom is hard.
Being a mom of twins is hard.
Being a single mom is hard.
Being a mom of a special needs child is hard.
Being a single mom of twins and one is special needs is really hard!

Sometimes I feel like I am in the fight of my life. It's not a messy, knock down, drag out fight. It's more like a struggle and a push to fight for my girls and give them both the very best I have to offer. Luckily I haven't had to fight completely alone! I am so blessed to have the most amazing women in my corner!

I would not have survived the first year of the girls lives if I didn't have my mom and my sister pulling such a heavy portion of my load! And that is still true today! The two of them help so much when I need to take Riley to endless therapy and doctors visits, and occasionally when I have a little bit of my own life. Besides that they are good listening ears, advice givers (even when its unsolicited) and cheerleaders. Most importantly they adore and cherish Keagan and Riley almost as much as I do! I am forever thankful for these two incredible women!





My corner also has other people in it that make this fight so much easier! Gama Linda is a huge help and such a wonderful source of love and support for all three of us! Todd serves as our on call Priesthood holder and is more then just a wonderful uncle. The three Foster girls are irreplaceable and instrumental in our daily lives. And both my brothers give love and support from afar, the very best they can.

If I was a gamblin man, with all of these wonderful people in my corner I would definitely bet on us!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. bettin' or not, your corner will DEFINITELY WIN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to make this clear-- Anyone who grabs her salad with her HANDS can not be in my corner until she takes an etiquette class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh, Em, you are so inspiring...the people around you are lucky to be around you. You are such an amazing example of fortitude, strength, and beauty.

    ReplyDelete