Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

Cherry On Top

In my last post I forgot the hardest part of this whole week.

On Tuesday Riley had her neurology appointment. That's one specialty that just never goes well. It's a hard one! The docs are still great, and try very hard to sugar coat things. But what it always boils down to is not at all what I want to hear.

Fast forwarding through a long appointment and the results are lots of tears from both Riley and I. Riley's were a result of being pinned down in the lab and having 3 digging needles in her arm! NOT FUN! And yes I did snap at one of the phlebotomist.

My tears were a result of unsettling news that Riley's Microcephaly (small head/brain) are not improving. She currently has the head the size if a 5 month old, at age 3. The warnings of limited progression are not as concerning to me as the terrifying reminder that children with Microcephaly have a shortened life span. That reminder is words that not only rip my heart out of my chest, but also tears it up into little pieces and throws it on the ground and stomps on it!

Through my tears, which lasted all night, the Lord reminds me that He is in control! Not any doctor!! And Riley reminds me that she is a fighter and has already seen more then one miracle in her life! And there is no reason she won't see many more! So that is what I will chose to hold in to. And I know that hope will carry all of us a long way! But right now hopefully it can just get us through the next 2 weeks!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment