Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Lunch with Heart










Today was such a treat for me. I was given these gorgeous flowers at a wonderful event. I was invited to be a guest at a delightful fundraising lunch for the Cardiology Department at Texas Children's Hospital.

I enjoyed my afternoon for so many reasons. It was a break from my regular mommy routine, at a gorgeous fancy shmancy hotel, with beautiful and interesting people. And the food was absolutely incredible. But the opportunity to meet so many wonderful people, doctors, philanthropists, researchers, TCH staff and other patient parents was really great. And most importantly it was the debut of the Cardiology video that Riley is a part of. She is featured along with two other patient families in this newly released video that is informative, touching and inspiring. It will be used for fundraising and advocacy purposes.

I am so thankful to be able to put some of my efforts into giving back to an incredible hospital that has done so much for us! Our journey would have been so different without TCH. We have gotten world class care, plus world class love and support- particularly from the Cardiology department. So it was an honor to be a guest and be able to contribute our story.

It was also yet another reminder of how unbelievably blessed Riley, Keagan and I really are! I talked with a beautiful mom today who lost her daughter at 8 months old to dilated cardiomyopathy, Riley's same diagnosis. I also met several other families who have been through the trauma of several open heart surgeries and Caths. The miracle of Riley's healthy functioning heart is always on my mind and a constant reminder that miracles from our Heavenly Father exist! How eternally thankful I am for Riley's heart and for the heart of those wonderful people at TCH!
Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


0 comments:

Post a Comment