Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

In Her Shoes




These are the sandals my Miss Riley wore all summer. She started her booty hop in these shoes so as you can see she rubbed these babies raw! Her hard work in becoming mobile and independent even wore off an entire leather flower! I looked at these shoes the other day and wondered what it would be like to walk in them for a day.

I know well what it's like to be the mother of a Special Needs child, and the big struggles and blessings that come with it. But I can only imagine what it's like to be my sweet Riley girl. She lives in a body that doesn't cooperate like it should and takes much more effort to control. She faces health challenges each day and suffers through alot of poking and prodding. She has seizures and is sometimes drowning in medication and therapy goals. She can not communicate effectively what her wants, needs and desires are. It must be so hard to wear these cute silver shoes. It must be so hard to be my precious little Riley.

Just as those thoughts create knot in my stomach and make me want to burst into tears, I am reminded of the incredible blessings Riley enjoys. Riley has seen miracles by the hand of God in her short life. She receives so much love and support and has an infectious joy that just radiates her being. Riley has a very different and a very simplistic view of life that is admirable. And I know Riley is incredibly blessed to feel and know the angels that surround us and our Heavenly Father!

We have moved in to a new favorite pair if shoes that Riley looks just as cute in. I'm sure she will wear these ones down too as she struggles through her challenges and enjoys her blessings in them. All the while teaching me as she goes.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment