Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Sisterly Love

Let me set the scene for you...

Yesterday morning I was in the midst of cleaning up breakfast. Riley was in her hair chair watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse of course. Keagan was dilly dallying around the kitchen.

I had to step out of the room and after 2 or 3 minutes I hear Riley half crying, half whining in spurts. I yell to Keagan..."Keags is Riley ok?" She yells back..."I'm getting her somefing to play with." The naiveté in me thinks..."What a sweet girl to take care of her sister!" This does happen. It does! Really. Just not this time, quite like I would have liked...

On my quick return to the kitchen because Riley's cries/whines don't stop, I find a rather curious thing in action. Keagan is sitting on top of the counter with the cupboard open. She is grabbing things from said cupboard and THROWING them across the room AT her sister!! Riley and her high chair are covered and surrounded by bottle tops, medicine syringes, bottles, and even mosquito bite treatment supplies! When I catch Keagan off guard with a yell as I see her launch a bottle top at Rileys head, she looks at me in total confusion. Her hands out and head cocked like she is 14. She says "mooooom I was giving her somefing to play with!!!"

Well that pretty much explains it! Nothing better then sisterly love!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment