Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

My Lil Comedian




On Thanksgiving morning, Keagan gave Nana and I the greatest laugh. The huge turkey was almost ready to go in the oven and was sitting on the counter in it's big pan. Keagan climbed up on the bar stool and motioned to the turkey saying "wake him up!" Nana and I of course looked at her a little startled and she reasserted herself by saying "wake him up! I wanna talk to him!"

Well how do you explain the food chain to a 3 year old just looking for a "gobble, gobble"? It's a little difficult. I ventured down the path of explaining the bird was dead and that we were going to eat him for dinner. All with Nana chuckling on the side. This explanation did not soothe Keagans desire to speak with the turkey however. So a simple "he's not going to wake up baby. Do you want to watch iCarly?" did the trick! And it's a good thing too! I was worried I was going to have to turn that turkey into a puppet! I knew I was a little too happy about not having to stick my hands in the turkeys nether regions this year.

She is just a funny kid. But she's not trying to be, which is even better. The funniest stuff comes out of the cute little head of hers. And it is just accentuated with her dramatic motions, expressive face and comedic tones.

Other things that have been coming out of that cute comedian ALOT lately are...

"I smell somefing!" This is the best when said rather loudly in a public bathroom.

"What's that noise?" And she wants a very specific answer. If she doesn't like the one I give her, then she just makes up her own.

"I wanna do it myself!" Shes definitely 3!

How can I not just adore this girl? Cute and funny! My kinda kid!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment