Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Arms In!

For quite some time we have had an issue with Keags and her car seat. She really isn't a fan of keeping her arms in the straps like she should for safety. I even had this cute police officer talk to her about it once. Now every time we see a cop car she says "he's going to tell me to put my arms in?" Lately she has taken to not only taking her arms out but also rolling down the window and sticking her head out so her hair flaps in the wind! This makes Riley laugh hysterically but I'm sure it's pretty alarming for passer by's to see a 3 year old acting like a dog!


Well today I didn't really think things through before starting a new tactic. I may have told her to put her arms in and roll up the window or she's going to fall out of the car. I took this genius idea of mine even further and told her she would get a huge owie and I might drive away. Yeah I have NO idea what I was thinking! I was tired and wanted her to be safe!

You should have seen the poor girls face! Her Asian eyes have never been so big! I felt bad but at the same time she kept her arms in the rest of the day! Let's just hope she doesn't have nightmares about it!

In my defense don't they always say safety first?! Maybe that's what her therapist will tell her in 20 years!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Now you're getting the hang of it. The only problem is you have to actually follow through on one of your threats every once in awhile or they will just empty threats to them ;) My kids went on a Sunday drive with duct tape over their mouths a few years ago. They still talk about it. They knew Dad could follow through on a threat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Totally just laughed out loud, my husband just looked over. Love this!

    ReplyDelete