Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Lights, Camera, Superstar Riley

Today Riley and I had the most interesting experience. As part of being a "miracle family" for Texas Children's Hospital and the Miracle Network, we sat down today with a production crew to tell our story.


I was basically given an hour long interview of all kinds of different questions and promps like "start from the beginning", "what is your biggest wish", "what is the hardest part", "what do you love most about TCH" and "why should I donate to TCH". While I babbeled away, Miss Riley sat nicely in her wheelchair next to me and flirted with the different camera men, interviewer and production team. They all fell in love with her smile- not at all surprising, and just couldn't stop commenting on how cute she is. One camera man even said she was "like gold in a wheelchair"! Can't say I disagree.

The set up was somewhat intimidating but we got pretty comfortable. We sat in a cave of lights, reflection screens and large mics. Plus we had 3 large cameras and 7 people pointed at us. They even put some anti shine make up on me before we started! It felt so leggit!

It really was a great experience. I am a huge Texas Children's supporter and cheerleader so it's nice to do something for them for a change! They are producing several different informative/promotional videos about cardiology, neurology, preparing special needs parents, and donating to TCH. The team was very happy with our interview and said we would be in all of them. I hope I get to wear a gorgeous gown to the premiers!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment