Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

1st Day




My baby went to school today! I am so proud of her because she did so well- maybe a little too well!



This morning we had a little bit of a rough start as I could tell my nervousness and over talking was getting her a little worked up. But once we were dressed and outside taking pictures she was excited and ready to go!



Our excitement resulted in us being a little early so we had to wait outside her classroom door for a few minutes with other anxious kids and parents. After we got all if her gear put away (and this preschooler needs alot of stuff!) she looked up at me and said "mommy I want to go to school already!"



Once inside the classroom she greeted her teachers and found her favorite spot again like yesterday. She pulled up her rocking chair and started playing in the kitchen and smiling at all her new friends coming in.


I knew it was time for me to say goodbye and it was all I could do to not dramatically hug her tight and have a serious farewell! Instead I had to quickly steal a kiss from her and nonchalantly leave the classroom all while feeling I was giving up a piece of myself. But my big girl barely noticed I was leaving. Once I was 15 steps down the hall I had the thought that maybe she had started crying. But when I doubled back to the room I found her happily playing with her teacher and another little girl. She is amazing! And she was obviously so ready for this! I wish I was!

I only cried for a minute or two, and it was privately in my car. Then the rest of my day was spent with Riley as we both were missing her sister and wondering what she was doing.

When I picked Keagan up she was a happy girl with not too many comments on the day. She made it clear that she liked it but I had to piece together from the paint on her clothes, her teachers quick comments and a cute note in her lunch box that they read stories, painted, played on the playground and the tricycles and she ate most her lunch but didn't take a nap. I would say the day was a huge success and she is ready to go back on Friday! Let's just hope I dont cry again!
-Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments: