Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Amidst the Mess

My house is a gigantic mess tonight and I don't even care! I never unloaded the dishwasher at all today and there are still toys and things strewn out on the living room floor. I can't remember sweeping after any of the three meals we ate in the kitchen. And if you've seen Riley eat that should make you shudder!

Instead of dealing with all of that, I played, and played hard with my girls!

It was a remarkable Sunday!

On a typical Sunday, I do get some play time with the girls. But I definitely care too much about the house being cleaned up before I do. In all likely hood I will go back to that by tomorrow morning and I'm going to have today's messes to clean. But for today we made memories amidst the mess! And it was grand!

This morning Keagan created a lemonade stand in the family room and Riley and I were VIP customers. That somehow evolved into playing "lava princesses" which of course is pronounced "la Ba" and requires a lot of jumping on furniture. And to wrap up the morning, we headed to the park while still in our jammies! With perfect weather and lots of six year old giggles it was almost dreamy!








We barely made it home in time to have lunch before getting dressed and getting to church at 1:00. Then after a great 3 hours of church, we were right back to completely ignoring the mess and playing together. We played on the swing set and went for a walk before dinner. We squeezed in all the fun we could before the sun went down!





Today was a day to remember. I didn't spend any money or make any grand gestures. I just played. I played with the two people in this world that I love the most! I don't do it enough and I was so blessed to do so!

Unfortunately I can't keep them six forever. One day they will laugh at the idea of playing with me. So I'm so glad today that my sink is full of dirty dishes. Because so is my heart!

Posted using BlogPress

0 comments:

Post a Comment