Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Late Night Chats

After school I usually fire a million and one questions at Keagan to try to get details from her day. At that time I normally get a couple of tid bits, but not much.

But for some reason when that girl's head hits her pillow, she remembers everything she wants to tell me! And of course its always on the nights that my patience is completely gone and I'm exhausted that she really wants to talk. I always try to remind myself to really listen, to enjoy these conversations, to soak in this age and to start a pattern now of her being able to talk to me. Heavy eyes and all.

Sometimes I'm good at that and sometimes I'm not. Tonight I was good at it and this is what I got in return...

"Mom, can my lungs break apart?"

"Mom, when I sing at night time the stars really come out to meet me."

"Mom I feel so bad for the birds because they can't go into the fee-ater so they haven't even seen Frozen! They don't even know "Let it Go!" Mom!!"

I heard all about her friend Maya's boyfriend who...gasp...is a first grader!

And "what do you think I will dream about tonight?"

Those ten minutes of chatting with one of my favorite six year olds was priceless! There is nothing I wouldn't give to hear all about my Riley's day!! Hopefully one day the three of us will have late night chats all together.

That's just what I may dream about tonight!


- Posted using BlogPress

0 comments:

Post a Comment