Pages

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Keags la Weags

Today was actually a mellow, quiet day at home. It was pretty nice since we've been so busy lately and I'm a home body at heart that never stays home.

Keags was having a blast playing in Riley's wheelchair and they had a little role reversal when Riley insisted on pushing her around in it! Keagan was so patient.


This afternoon Riley got ridiculously overly tired but refused to take a nap. I was doing everything I could to get her to settle down and the poor thing just could not stop crying. At one point I put Riley down on the ground and sweet Keagan just couldn't take the tears. She usually doesn't love to hug Riley because she's not a fan of Riley's drool (just love juice). But Keagan sat with Riley and rubbed her back and hugged her several times. So sweet! She started singing "I am a Child of God" and got Riley to calm down! Such a sweet sister! When Riley finally gave up the fight, Keagan played quietly right by her while she slept. And yes I did let her dress herself again today!


This did remind me of the other day when Riley was really not happy about sitting in her high chair. I can't really blame the girl, but it's a must for safety reasons. Keags was again trying to calm Riley down and was standing next to the chair making funny faces. In a quick moment, and in her meltdown, Riley smacked Keags across the face! Hard! Keags looked straight at me and gasped "Riley just slapped me!" She paused and then burst into tears. Funny thing is going in time out is what calmed Riley down. That little stinker!

I am so proud of Keagan for the big girl that she's becoming! She can be so helpful with her sister and sometimes does a great job of cleaning up after herself. She has a strong will, is a smart cookie and is absolutely hilarious! I just adore this little girl and absolutely love being her mom!

That sweet girl got the very best gift she possibly could tonight. Her BFF and cousin came to visit for a couple of days! Aunt Vicki brought Tess for a quick trip and Keagan couldn't be happier! As soon as Tess was in the door they were off playing make believe, making a gigantic mess and performing shows for us! I'm so glad they are here, but I think the happiest ones are these two!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment