Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Princess of Progress







I wrote our very first Christmas Letter yesterday. I have always done a card, but this year I wanted to include an update on us. When I started to focus on Riley, I stumbled with how to even begin explaining the progress she has made this year. There were no adequate words to describe the progress my princess has achieved in the last 12 months.

Since January Riley has blossomed. She started babbling more, she started scooting on her bum, coloring, drinking from a cup, brushing her teeth, sometimes feeding herself, using her left hand at all, placing objects inside something, sleeping in her own crib, self soothing, problem solving, being more independent, getting some fine motor skills, pretend playing, kneeling and laughing when she knows she's funny. And there's much, much more. She is one determined little girl who makes strides every week in therapy, at home or at school. They are Riley sized strides which may be small, but they are definitely worth huge celebration.

Besides her incredibly joyful and loving spirit, the next thing I love best about Riley is her perseverance. She never gets frustrated with a body and a mind that doesn't work like it should. Instead she keeps trying, with a smile on her face! With that kind of perspective I just can't wait to see all that she accomplishes by the next time I have to write a Christmas letter!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment