Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

Heaven Help Us!

I'm sitting in the parking lot of Keagans school. I'm waiting til it's 2:30 and I absolutely have to go get her. On a regular school day, I have missed her and can't wait to pick her up. Today is not a regular day.

Our doctor put Keagan on an oral steroid yesterday for her wheezing. Sometimes Keags reacts a little strange to certain medicines. And this one falls in the "oh so crazy, unbelievably hyper, out of her mind" reaction category.


Yesterday the poor girl was LITERALLY bouncing off the walls! Alot of moms use that as a figure of speech- but this time, it's for real! She was talking so fast she could have been an auctioneer! She was jumping, and running higher and faster then ever before. I had to run an errand and she was doing her classic gymnastics moves all over the store. Then she was running down the aisle with her hand out hitting everything as she went. She even had a crazy look in her eye and her ponytails were crooked!!

Yup that was my girl yesterday!!

Yes I did feel REALLY bad for her! Her little body just couldn't process that. I especially hated seeing when she got a little bit of hives! It was really sad to see. But I also feel bad for myself! She was SO naughty yesterday and she wore me out way more then usual! And then was up all night! In the middle of the night I was so frustrated and so tired I almost cried. I know...I sound pathetic. Well, I felt pathetic!

This morning the madness continued and the doctor said we should simmer down throughout the day. Besides the same wall bouncing of yesterday, when I went to the restroom for two whole seconds, I thought she could control herself. When I heard her say "it's ok Riyee" in a sweet voice, I thought everything was fine. I WAS WRONG!!

I came out to a scene of Keagan SITTING ON TOP of Riley and spraying the remaining fluid of her breathing treatment UP RILEYS NOSE!! Ahhhhhh!! I may or may not have lost it there for a minute!! Poor Riley!!!!

I am praying I get a good report from her teacher now! And I'm praying this nasty stuff has cycled itself right out of her body!! If not....then Heaven help us all!





Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment