Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Girls in 2011


As the year ends and I think about the wonderful year 2012 was for our little family, the thing that strikes me most is how much the girls have both grown and progressed over the course of the last 12 months. This Christmas season we loved driving around and looking at lights, just like last year. The big difference is the commentary from the back seat. Last year a cute and little Keagan would say "mo yights! mo yights!" This year was an array of comments like "Oh that one is bootiful!" and "oh, they have lots of yights!" And I have recently talked about all the progress Riley has made as well. Last year I'm not sure how much she was engaged in our light watching. This year she fully participated and provided "ohs" and "ahs" of her own.

Realizing this just makes me want to slow the clock down. Just a little. I am stunned that tomorrow at church I will have 2 little sunbeams with the big kids in primary! They are still my little babies, but they seem to be doing all this big girl stuff! Despite my objections, the sun will go down tonight and rise again tomorrow and the girls will continue to get older and bigger. The good thing is with that comes new memories, new opportunities and increased love. Ok 2012. I guess I'm ready for ya!






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment