Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

Classy Girl

I got the greatest opportunity yesterday. I was able to slip into the back of Riley's class at school to observe for a half an hour without her realizing I was there. I have been asking her teacher Miss Kellogg so many specific questions in her take home folder, that she finally invited me to come see for myself. And I'm so thrilled that I did!





I snuck in right when Miss Kellogg and Miss Amber were starting "Circle Time" with Riley and her two darling little friends Adam and Uriel. The teachers were so animated, fun and loud as they reviewed the letter, shape and color of the week, talked about the weather, reviewed the ABCs and counting and finally sang several songs as they either played the guitar or did sign language.

I was overwhelmingly excited to see Riley in her own special little world and THRIVING!

She was sitting in this darling wooden chair customized for her size and needs, but she was right along with her peers. She was interacting so well with them and didn't miss a thing that was going on. She did some hand motions to the songs and did amazingly well at answering Miss Kelloggs questions by hitting the correct choice on the "Go Talk", which is a communication device. She even hopped over to the door to get in line to leave for the day! I was overjoyed, satisfied and relieved all at the same time!

Besides seeing her success in the classroom, the greatest part of the day was seeing how happy she was at school. She was engaged and excited, smiling and participating. It seems so silly now that I had reservations about starting her so early. She is achieving a lot for herself! And I'm so thankful she has this blessing and that I was able to see it for myself.

When she finally realized that I was there, she couldn't contain herself that I was actually in her classroom. She kept looking at me with a grin so big it was going to burst her face, and was obviously proud to show me everything going on in her class.

Well if she was proud...then that makes two of us!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comments:

  1. yay for riley! isn't it nice when we get confirmation that we've made the right choice for our kiddos? she looks so happy...as well she should be! xoxo

    ReplyDelete