Pages

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas Y'all

What a wonderful day! It was quiet and easy. The girls were totally spoiled! Santa brought a full load and forgot to account for the fact that these two girls are loved by amazing family and friends who were so nice to send gifts as well. They both loved everything! It was so fun!





The only thing Keagan has asked for this year from Santa is gum. That was the first gift she opened and she got SO much gum that she gave Riley half! It was very sweet. After that, when she would open a present we always got an excited comment of either "Yeaaaah!", "thank you Santa!" or "I love it!" And then when Riley opened all of her gifts (which Santa was smart enough to put in gift bags cause she loves pulling out the paper) Keagan would size up the gift and say "I want Riyee to share!" Classic!

















The big hits of the day were definitely the puppies in their own carriers and a treasure chest for princesses. A cupcake purse and a my little pet shop tree house for Keags, and a shapes light up game and princess electric piano for Riley.











We took a break from the presents and went to church at 9. That one hour meeting ended up being my greatest Christmas gift! It was the most wonderful meeting I have ever attended because we were blessed with incredible Christmas music and the presence of an Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ, Richard G. Scott. In a soft, calm voice he bore the most amazing and powerful testimony of our Savior. That He lives. That He is not an absent God. That He has perfect love for us all. Such a wonderful way to focus on the true meaning of Christmas!

At the beginning of the meeting, Keagan was sitting on my lap and I was trying to explain to her what a special thing it was for us to have an Apostle there. In between her hyperness as she had 30 pieces of gum for breakfast, she said to me "I want to talk to the man who talks to Jesus" Wow! This knocked my socks off for two reasons. One, maybe the girl does actually listen when we read our scriptures every night. And two, the veil is still so thin and our kids have so much to teach us!
After the meeting both Keagan and I were lucky enough to meet Elder Scott and shake his hand!





Another Christmas with my girls and we once again find ourselves to be very blessed! And I know Keags and Ris would agree..





Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment