Pages

Friday, April 3, 2015

Miracles Happen!

Today was a very long, high anxiety day at Texas Children's Hospital. A lot has been building up to this day and I know The Lord heard a serious amount of prayers in Riley and I's behalf for today! The end result was a true miracle from God! I should probably be used to miracles happening in my precious Riley's life by now. But I will never get used to my overwhelming gratitude for the blessings of such miracles in our life!

Riley has failed 4 hearing tests. Three different doctors told us she has some hearing loss. Today she had her big test to determine exactly how much hearing loss she has and what to do next. She was sedated under general anesthesia for an ABR. The tests went incredibly well and the doctor is certain she DOES NOT have ANY hearing loss at all!!

Today was the same doctor who previously tested her and previously identified her hearing loss. She said she was stunned by the results and did not have an explanation but was thrilled.

Although I was prepared for bad news and would have taken it in stride with all the other challenges we have faced together, I am not stunned. It's my miracle baby we are talking about! The Lord blesses her and us with miracles all the time! We have seen so many miracles in Riley's short little life that I'm not even sure I could count them all! And I know I will never be able to count the ways I am thankful! I am overwhelmed with gratitude for a loving Heavenly Father who continues to love and bless my little family immensely!

On a lesser scale but still important, He also blessed us with me being able to keep Riley busy playing and happy in between meetings with administrators, nurses and doctors from 11am til 2:15pm even though she hadn't eaten since 7am! He blessed us by helping Nana get to the hospital right before Riley went back to the OR. He blessed us that Riley did better waking up from the anesthesia then she ever has before. He blessed us that sweet Taryn was amazing and happily took Keagan and Addie all day. And He blessed us that Addie was here and helpful tonight as poor Riley has thrown up five times from the anesthetia.

As I type, the miracle baby sleeps next to me. I let her sleep in my bed so I can keep an eye on her all night. I hope her stomach settles and she sleeps well. And maybe all night I will whisper how much I love her in her ears! Just because I know now that she can hear me! And just because I know miracles happen!














- Posted using BlogPress

1 comments: