Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

Odds and Ends

So much has been going on that I haven't had the chance to record. I guess time flys wether we are having fun or not. We definitely have our fair share of fun but it borders on crazy! This momma will happily trade a little fun for a little more quite. Thank heavens for preschool!

We spent Labor Day having a barbeque with our family in Houston. We are so glad that includes the Sundwalls again since they moved back from Holland!


The other morning Keagan was ridding her bike in the backyard while I was making breakfast. She burst in the door and said "mom! Somefings out here! Hims staring at me!" That actually scared me for a second. She said "hims a woof!" I went outside to see a small cat sitting on our swing set. A very scary wolf indeed! He came back to visit again this morning and she casually said "the woofs back" and went out to check on him at least 87 times.

Her and I took "chick-a-lay" (how Keags insists its called) to Addie for lunch last week. These two have a complicated little relationship because they act like sisters and push each others buttons. But they also love each other dearly!





Riley has been much more vocal since starting school again! I love it. She half yells, half growls at me often. I growl back. She also answers my questions in the car after I pick her up at school! I will say "how was your day? Did you sing today? Did you play with your friends?" and she answers with an "agooo" or an "oowaaaa" as she casually looks around like it's no big deal. Love it!!


She has also figured out how to clap and she is supper excited about it! She has always cheered for herself and everyone by knocking her two fists together, which is the same way she signs "more". But now she slaps her right hand palm on top of her left hand. That means she makes noise when she claps and is thrilled about it! I am too!

On Wednesday it was Keagans last day of summer so I wanted to make it special. We played her two favorite games- hide and seek and grocery store. Then we had lunch together and she was so proud of herself for using chop sticks! She IS Asian!





But the last two days I have had 3 hours all to myself! That means 9 hours a week of quiet and gettin crap done! It's amazing what I have gotten done the last two days! I hate to admit, but I miss them while they are at school. Not enough to not send them, but enough that I'm excited to pick them up each day. Oh the complicated life of being a mom!

Now it's the weekend, so bring on the crazy!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment