Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My Cup

Last week my cup was almost empty. Dealing with Keagans recent infrequent but difficult behavior issues, the tiring everyday stuff that adds up, and having a heavy heart because so many people we love are fighting difficult battles right now was just depleting me. And then last weekend I went to Time Out For Women. An incredible 2 day event for Mormon women to hear presenters and musicians testify of Christ and teach and inspire us!

I learned so much, got several answers to prayers and completely filled my cup right up! My favorite parts...

Our sinking boats analogy. We all have holes in our boats but that's what brings us to Christ.

Hillary Weeks and giving power to positive thoughts.

We are the Masters work and His glory. He didn't MAKE us, He is MAKING us. On hard days remember He is still working on us.

We can get advice for any relationship from the scriptures. We must confess our mistakes and seek for the good in all those we love and meet.

The inspiration of Kari Belcher and Mariama's stories.

The answers that Keagan just needs more of me and that I need to cut back on my distractions.

The great time and laughs with Taryn, Lisa and Natalie.

I'm so thankful for experiences like this that help me grow so much! I have no doubt that since filling my cup I have been a much better mommy. I just have more to give. Last weekend did many things for me and it reminds me that I need to fill my cup more often!

This is just a little example of why I need to fill my cup! Love these crazy girls!

YouTube Video

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Emily! Why do we not live next door to eachother??? I miss you. I love reading your blog and although I don't always comment, I hope you know how much I love you and am always in your corner cheering you on. YOu are an amazing woman and I am lucky to call you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing that! I wanted to go, but this year was not the year. Maybe next!

    ReplyDelete