Pages

Monday, November 21, 2016

It's Beginning

The girls and I love looking at Christmas lights! Keagan is probably our biggest enthusiast. Even when she was two she would repeat "more yites! More yites!" 

Last year we fell in love with the Star Shower lights. But no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get them. Keagan may have given her left arm to have those lights last year. You know, cause she is right handed. So this year I was determined to get one, and that means I've had it since September! 

I gave in and we set it up today, along with all our other Christmas stuff. I usually like to focus on the beauty of Thanksgiving before I let Christmas explode in our house, but I'm glad it's done and we won't have to worry about it when we get back from Thanksgiving. Plus this just gives us longer to enjoy it! 

Both girls are thrilled that it's begining to look a lot like Christmas! Keags in particular was bursting with excitement! She was SO excited to show off her lights to Sa, Todd, Taryn and Nana who were all here for a fun Chinese take out night. She just absolutely loves those star Shower lights and that those lasers make it look like the house has glitter on it! I love that it was one thing to plug in and I'm done!  Because getting Christmas up is SO much work! But the girls were actually super helpful! It only took 3 trips to the storage unit this year and seriously my kids think the storage unit is the park. It's hilarious how much they love that place!

So after a lot of workin and sweatin today, 3 mosquito bites on Riley's face including her eye lid, a taco lunch break, a lot of Christmas music, and more workin and sweatin, Christmas is up and we are all very happy about it! What a productive and festive first day of Thanksgiving break! Star Shower and all!

The pictures definitely don't do it justice!

I don't pretend to be a good decorator with these pictures, this is not that kind of blog! I just want the girls to remember what Christmas looked like growing up! 


I made this tree skirt in high school and distinctly remember being with my dad when he bought my mom this huge nutcracker for her collection! 

The tree on the side is to do our 25 Days of CHRIST tradition!

My little helpers couldn't be any cuter!! Love them! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment