Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Gems

It is 5am and Riley and I have been up since 3. Keagan joined us at 4. It's going to be a long day where I take care of Riley with a fever instead of going to work and try to wrap my head around these election results. Thankfully I knew no matter how this election turned out, because I wouldn't have been happy with either choice, that the success of my family and my life has much more to do with, as Barbra Bush says, what happens inside my house instead of what happens in the White House! And really we are SO blessed that great things are happening in our house and our life! 

By the worlds standards I don't have much. But by MY standards I am incredibly rich! We are definitely rich with blessings! Here is some of the priceless gems that make our life so priceless! 

After the big button was so successful on Halloween night, Mrs Kelley and Mrs Krenek at school bought Riley a big button to use at home! So incredibly thoughtful of them and it has already been a great asset!

Last week we had the greatest night and dinner at the Riesbergers house with the French's. What a blessing good friends are! Especially ones with such cute kids! 

Lately in the car, Keagan has been requesting "lets jam!" That means we turn up "My House" by Flo Rider as loud as possible and have a full on dance party! Those are moments I hope they remember!

We are blessed with the best Scottie classmates and friends! Riley is blessed with lots of hugs from Alessandro and Laine and Keagan is lucky to have so many great girls in her class!

I was able to teach Relief Society, our women's ministry, on Sunday on letting Christ help us parent. It ended up being a great blessing and I learned a lot! I'm pretty sure the Sunday morning Mickey Mouse pancakes helped! 


The weather is FINALLY cooling off which brings sweet afternoons outside! 

I found Keagans sweet, sweet journal post from her baptism day that she did all on her own. She wrote "When I got baptized I was feeling the Spirit and I know Jesus is with me and Pakka." My heart might explode! 
 

I don't buy the school pictures but I sure love ogling over them! 

Keagan can be so helpful these days and I appreciate it SO much! 

Day Light Savings is a little rough but I love that everyone is in bed so early this week! Including mommy being asleep by 9:30! 

Santa has been a topic of conversation in Keagans class lately. I have always reminded her that I have Santa's phone number and today I let her call him and listen to his recorded answering message. I loved the excited and shocked look on her face and that she called him a second time to leave him a message by singing "Jingle Bells!" That also reminds me of her note to the Tooth Fairy tonight. 

If it was as black and white as picking between earthly gems and this list of priceless ones, I have no doubt I would continue to pick these ones! Not that I would turn down the earthly ones! Any offers? But even without them we sure are rich and SO thankful! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment