Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Spring Break, Day 6

So technically today is Saturday and I don't usually consider it part of Spring Break. But we continued to party hard today like it was still Spring Break!

After going to bed way too late last night for the cousin sleepover with Campbell, we were up early and out the door! We went to Zube Park to ride the awesome Houston Area Live Steamers. I have been wanting to do this for years! They are miniature trains that you sit on top of and ride along the most darling track full of bridges, small houses, tree branch tunnels, etc. And it's free! The darling Riesbergers joined us and we all thought it was absolutely so much fun! We rode twice and then checked out the even much smaller steam engine trains. My favorite part was seeing the Union Pacific trains like the ones my Grandpa Harrold used to be the engineer of and the fun conversations that sparked with the girls!

Afterwards we enjoyed lunch at Cracker Barrel where a pure miracle happened when I solved the famous Cracker Barrell puzzle/game! I'm pretty sure that is my greatest accomplishment ever! After we ate we sat outside for quite a while rocking away and playing checkers in the amazing weather! 
Then it was an afternoon of crazy cousin shenanigans and a hodgepodge dinner with Taryn, Reagan and Todd at the very funky and fun The Shack where we ate and played hard! 
Today we finished off Spring Break with a bang! I'm so thankful we were able to do all the fun things that we did! What great memories we made together! I'm so thankful for my beautiful girls and the amazing life we have created together! It's sure far from perfect but it sure is fun and fulfilling! And so was Spring Break 2016! And now we rest. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment