Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Well Hello There September

I love the first day of the month! It feels fresh and holds so much opportunity. Maybe this month I can fix some of the mistakes I made last month and do some things I wish I had done. Just maybe. 

September 1st was a great day for no particular reason. Riley slept in her own big girl bed all the way until 5:45 this morning! That's huge! But then she was up. Despite being tired I chose to be thankful for the extra cuddle time with all three of us in my bed. And then I let the girls have some screen time which is unusual for the morning. It was quiet and peaceful and perfect for the first morning of the month! 
Today was one of the girls favorite days as well, because it was Tuesday. Tuesday is dance day! And my girls love dance! I happened to catch an extremely excited Riley before class started with Miss Taylor!
It is easy to see both Keags and Rys love their iPads and love dance, plus MANY other things and people. But I read an interesting article today about what we are teaching our kids to really love, and it got me thinking. I'm not sure I am proactively doing this but I REALLY would like to be teaching my kids to love three things. 

The Lord. Theirselves. Their neighbors. 

I would like to think, and I hope I'm doing decently well with two out of three of those. That middle one may need some work for all of us, and I know it's important! So it's a great thing I have a fresh new month to work on that! 

Happy September! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment