Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Ah Ha Moments

It's been a busy week, and I had a few genius discoveries that I'm not sure why I have never realized before! Sometimes I'm a slow learner apparently. 

We were blessed to have Kellie and Addie stay with us while Sa and Todd drove Sami to school (oh the tears!). We loved it! But quite frankly, being a mom, especially a single mom, of teenagers is for the birds! My girlies are going to stay 7 forever so they will always be right under my wing and go to bed by at least 8pm! 
I'm way better at the go to fun events, places, play dates, etc part of quality time with my girls then I am at the sitting down and playing Barbies time. I only last so long and I really need to work on that! 

Parenting would be SO much easier if my kids would just do exactly what I ask, when I ask it, and how I want it! I dont understand why that is such a hard concept for them to grasp! 

And finally, at church today I had some personal revelation that I really needed during Sunday School thanks to that great Brother Harman! I'm sure most people already realize this, and The Lord has probably been trying to get me this message for a long time. I have know this concept but haven't been able to put it in these exact words until today. 

In life, our strengths and triumphs are wonderful and The Lord celebrates them with us. But they don't leave much room for Him. It is through our weaknesses and trials that He teaches us how to grow, how to rely on Him, how to apply the Atonement and prepare to live with Him again. After my hardest trials of losing my dad and going through my divorce I realized I was closer to The Lord then ever before and now I know why. Not only was He carrying me through those tough times and bringing me out alive, but He was using my broken heart to build something greater in me. 

I'm so thankful I listened! 

Now how can I help my kids do the same? Listening would be great! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment