Pages

Monday, September 7, 2015

Our Whammy

Tonight I am wrestling with so many emotions, all of which basically make me want to barf! 

My whammy, my Sami, my namesake, my oldest niece turns 19 tomorrow. And tomorrow we will say goodbye. She is headed to BYU-Idaho and LITERALLY (one of her favorite words) I couldn't be more proud of her. I'm so excited for her to spread her wings and fly, but man it sucks! 

The goodbye makes me even more grateful for a huge blessing this summer! Riley has been on the waiting list for a state program called Medically Dependent Children Program for 6 years. Right before the summer started, her name came to the top of the list and all summer we were so blessed by the respite services the plan provides! 

Sami was our lucky "employee" and I think she was also thankful for the job where she could stay home in her pajamas and babysit her cousins one to several times a week depending on therapy and doctor appointment schedules. I'm fairly certain Sa was also thankful Sami had a job that required her to stay home with her! I'm sure it wasn't always easy because these Kikuchi girls are a little high matinence! But the three of them adore each other and had some serious fun. Most of the time it looked a whole lot like this...
Sami you're the best! I really don't know what could be better then Riley laying on your head and giggling and Keagan asking a million questions while eating your snacks and wearing your high heals! Seriously could college really be any better then that? I doubt it! So you should probably just stay home! That really works out better for me. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment