Pages

Monday, August 25, 2014

Kindergarten Rocks!

Today was the big day! As my sister said, this is what I've been working towards their whole life! And the not so big surprise was they both had a fantastic day just like I knew they would!

Both girls were oozing excitement this morning, but Keagan had a little nervousness mixed in too. After I dropped Riley off to her teachers, I parked the car to walk Keagan in. As usual I grabbed her hand to hold it and she reached up and took her hand out of mine and said "I'm big." That's when my heart shattered into a million little pieces! I'm surprised all the other parents around didn't hear such a catastrophic event! But I stayed pretty cool and only had a few tears that squeaked out.

Once in her class she was ready to go! I stayed and watched for a minute and then came back twice just to see her pretty little face! She had already started chatting with two other little girls. She was brave, sweet and confident! That's my girl!

Then I checked back on Riley waiting for the rest of her class in the cafeteria and she was as happy as could be! So proud of her!! After the second time I came back in the building to check on her, all the teachers kind of laughed and Riley's gorgeous smile was actually bigger then normal, if that's even possible! I'm happy to report I got in my car and cried, but I did not bawl! Not too shabby!

All day I missed my girls and couldn't stop wondering what they were doing! Mid day the librarian emailed me about a volunteering assignment I signed up for and said she just loves Riley so she had gone to see her and had gone to meet Keagan as well! She said they both looked so happy!

I was not only blessed today by knowing my babies were in great hands, but I too was blessed by sweet, sweet friends and a wonderful sister! Sa had just the right words all morning, I had a great lunch with Taryn, Kelly gifted the girls darling new outfits for school, Kathryn checked on me, Nicole invited me over, and Emily brought me two dozen yellow roses! I am so thankful for all the people The Lord has put in our lives!!

I was thrilled to pick the girls up at 3! After I got Riley I had to pull around and get in the very back of the long carpool line. Riley and I "chatted" about her day while she sat in her car seat WITH her backpack still on! She just refused to take it off! She clearly had a great day and was so happy that Miss Bonita took her down the big slide several times! Once we finally got Keagan, she said her "day was great!" Her favorite parts were coloring her name, recess in the gym, not having to eat the cafeteria lunch since I had packed her favorite chicken and strawberries, and that her teachers have a treasure chest to pick from when you are a really good girl! Both girls liked their teachers, already made friends in their class and want to go back! So we celebrated with fancy cupcakes once we got home!

I'm thrilled with such success and didn't expect anything less! Kindergarten rocks!



































Posted using BlogPress

0 comments:

Post a Comment