Pages

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Bored to Busy

Over the weekend I started to realize the girls were getting bored, especially Keagan. I think they are anxious for the new adventure of Kindergarten to start and the fun of summer is dwindling down. So being bored of course for any kid turns into whining, making stupid messes and fighting with your sibling(s)! All of which does NOT make me a happy momma!


But if they were bored, I think I ran that right out of them the last two days! By tonight they were so exhausted and both actually asleep at their ideal bedtime of 7pm.

Months ago I had signed them both up for craft camp which is every morning this week. Then Tuesay was Keags busy day! After camp she had her once a week reading tutor with Linda Thaxton, a teacher from John Wesley. Then we all went to the Houston Family Arts community play of "The Lion King" and across the street to the library to pick out our last set of books for the summer. Then after dinner at Sa's house Keags had gymnastics! She has been placed in a really tough class of older girls that might be a little too late (6:30-7:30) for her, but we will figure that out soon. I am so proud of how hard she works in class!





And then today was Riley's busy day! Both girls had swim lessons at 9am and then after a quick change they were off to craft camp again. After lunch Riley had a very full afternoon of occupational, speech and then physical therapy to keep her busy and working hard! Just like yesterday I love seeing my girls push themselves and prove they've got some serious perseverance! Especially when they are tired after some busy days. Now they are just too tired to be bored.

Hopefully we can all keep this pace up for two and a half more weeks! Because, I feel like we have to cram everything in before summer ends! Eek! Only 18 more days of summer!!


- Posted using BlogPress

0 comments:

Post a Comment