Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Weak Things Made Strong

For the last couple of days my heart has really been hurting and my mind distracted. I made a mistake. A stupid, stupid mistake. It was a mistake that some may not really worry too much about. But in the process I hurt some friends who I love very much. So that has caused me a great amount of struggle and turmoil. All of which I could have avoided if I made a better choice.

I have apologized to them and repented on my knees, but the regret of hurting them has not gone away. I think it's just something I will have to live with and learn from. And I have learned a huge life lesson on this one! Huge!

I went to church today with this turmoil in my heart. It didn't help that in a meeting that is supposed to be a sacred one, where we partake of the sacrament and renew our baptismal covenants, I all but wrestled with the girls and was sweating just trying to keep them quite. I then amplified my frustration with myself and struggled to pay attention during what was a good Sunday School lesson.

And then I stumbled upon this...

The Book of Mormon, Ether 12:27

"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

What a tender mercy that I got this message from The Lord! This reminded me that I am not alone. I am never without the grace of my Savior. And the Atonement of Jesus Christ can heal my mistakes!

Yes, I made a stupid, stupid mistake. But I am so thankful for the faith that I have been blessed with to know that my Savior can right the wrong and take all of my weaknesses and make them strong! How truly blessed I am!

I'm even more thankful to know the same Atonement can heal the hearts of those I hurt. This brings comfort to my aching heart. And in humbling myself before The Lord, I hope to not ever make this mistake again. The Atonement of Jesus Christ just covers so much! And tonight my prayers of repentance have changed to prayers of gratitude for the grace that the Atonement brings once again!

I am truly so thankful that His "grace is sufficient!" Even when I make another stupid, stupid mistake.

- Posted using BlogPress

4 comments:

  1. Oh goodness . . . and I thought you were perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda took the words right out of my mouth (or keyboard as it were.) love you, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've all been there at one time or another, Em. The hardest person to forgive in life always seems to be ourself. Great scripture -- ❤️ You!

    ReplyDelete