Pages

Friday, June 6, 2014

Amazingly Blessed!

It's been a seriously tough week! But don't stop reading cause this is definitely not another post of me whining. But it's been a roller coaster of a week that has come full circle. And tonight I am feeling incredibly blessed!

For several reasons, Nana has decided not to continue to build the new house. That is obviously fine because we are just thankful to already have a nice roof over our heads. But it did put into question where the girls would attend school next year and that was very worrisome to me! There are only certain schools that have programs for Riley and some are better then others. And some except siblings at the school and some don't. So I was very worried! I left two messages yesterday to speak with the director of developmental programs for the district, but hadn't heard back from her.

Meanwhile, it was Riley's last day of school today and we had gifts to give! When we went to give Principal Hernandez her gift, Riley was so excited and Miss Hernandez was so sad we would not be coming back next year. But then......the Lord revealed such a huge tender mercy and showed me once again that He loves us and is always guiding our paths!

Miss Hernandez told me that for the first time ever they will be getting a developmental class (Riley's program) at Brill next year! It almost took my breath away! I explained the situation with the move and she begged me to let her have Keagan and Riley next year! She had actually already asked the director if they could have my girls, but since we were moving, the answer was no. Our ridiculous excitement kind of created a little crowd in the office and there were a bunch of happy people there that were very happy to keep Riley and get Keagan! And a few happy tears were shed. I felt even more blessed by The Lord when Miss Hernandez reminded me that Miss McGown, Riley's current teacher the last two years whom we love, is going to be teaching regular ed Kindergarten next year and Keagan can be in her class!!

So the wonderful and amazing end to this roller coaster week is that both of my girls get to be at a school that I love! Where I know and love the administration and staff and feel comfortable and confident there! Riley is so loved and well taken care of at Brill, and I know Keagan will be too! I am just thrilled beyond words! And I know it was all done by the hand of The Lord. There are just way to many coincidences, and I don't believe in coincidences! It is just another thing that strengthens my faith that The Lord loves us, that He has a plan for us and that He is in the details of our lives! I have no doubt that is true and I'm incredibly thankful!

I know Riley will be ecstatic to go back home to Brill, but I was a little worried about Keagan's reaction. Tonight when I told her all about our new plans she was thrilled! Mostly because she is excited to be in Miss McGown's class but also because she thinks since we are not moving now that she doesn't have to sleep in her own bed every night! Sigh.... That's another battle for another day.

So tonight I tucked two kindergarteners into bed. Two Brill Bronco Kindergarteners that is. And man it felt great! So thankful!

- Posted using BlogPress

0 comments:

Post a Comment