Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

A Do Over Please

I am really good at having family prayer and family scripture study every night. We only read 4 verses, so it's nothing great. But we do it.

However, I don't always have the right spirit, AT ALL during what should be a beautiful family time. So does it still count? Does our little family still get the blessings when I am snapping (ok borderline yelling) at the girls to listen, to "stop hitting your sister", "no gymnastics during scriptures" and "take that out of your nose right now?" Cause that's what tonight looked like! It was ugly! Some nights I'm just so exhausted and all my patience is gone by then. Ok most nights.

And then these little people of mine fall asleep and they are so gorgeous and so precious that I just feel so bad and want a do over. Funny thing is, I get a do over tomorrow. And 5 times out of 10 I'll still make the same mistakes.


Maybe during those family prayers I need to be praying a whole lot harder for a whole lot more patience! Can we all pray that works?

2 comments:

  1. I pray for patience everyday!!! The end of the day is so rough! And then I crawl up to look at them while they're sleeping because I miss them....

    ReplyDelete
  2. They will most likely NEVER remember what they read, and they WILL probably remember some of the little squabbles. But they will most DEFINITELY remember that regular scripture reading as a family was important as they were growing up, that their single Mom knew it was a priority and will all her business, she made it happen. That great example will be the blessing. Keep up the good work, mama!

    ReplyDelete