Pages

Friday, October 25, 2013

Trunk or Treat

I'm so backwards in my thinking sometimes and Im not sure everyone would agree with me today. But that won't be the first or the last time for that! Last year we didn't go to our Ward (congregation) Trunk or Treat because Riley just got out of the hospital. So with this being something we really look forward to and Riley still not at 100% health and still weak and tired, I kept her home from school today. It was so she could rest and then she would be able to go tonight. So our whole family could go tonight. And after seeing the smiles on my princesses faces it was totally worth it! Plus this afternoon I got to hold, cuddle and kiss a sleeping Riley for over 2 hours as I caught up on all my shows as a huge added bonus!

As soon as we started getting dressed Riley started giggling and Keagan got super excited! They were both so thrilled to be their favorite princesses and looked darling! I've never seen a prettier Snow White or Cinderella! Riley had a small seizure after a fall on our way out the door but nothing could stop her from showing off her costume!

We had dinner outside with nearly 400 of our closest church friends, visited the 13 booths of games for kids and then loaded our bags full of treats while trunk or treating! It's been a heck of a week so all three of us needed a little fun tonight! Hopefully it also tuckered us out enough for everyone to get a full nights sleep for the first time in over 10 days. Princesses are supposed to sleep, right? Especially ones that are all sugared up!


















When we got home way past the girls bed time, Riley just cried and cried that this mean momma made her take of her costume. That led to probably the sweetest twin moment to date as Keagan wanted to "hold" Riley to calm her down! Cutest princesses ever!






4 comments:

  1. beautiful princesses and sweet sister love, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a twin myself, these two will be holding each other for the rest of their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a twin myself, these two will be holding each other for the rest of their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally understand and agree! Our kids have to live life to the fullest and sometimes that means skipping school so they can do something they would miss out on otherwise. WOW 400 people! Tonight is our trunk or treat, last year I think at the most we had 100. Are the wards much bigger in Houston?

    ReplyDelete