Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Splendid Little Sunday

It was a rough one folks! Here's a quick play by play...

I was ready for church and just needed to feed the girls lunch. And then.....the garbage disposal EXPLODED all! over! me!

There was pancakes, eggs, oranges and milk all over my face, the counter, the floor, the shutters and even in my hair!! If I could have caught that on video I for sure would be a happy millionaire thanks to Americas Funniest Videos! Or at least a You Tube star by now.

Before I started to freak out I realized both girls were wide eyed and watching to see how I would handle this. So I shrugged and began to clean up what appeared to be vomit everywhere! But in the process I bumped a glass and it dropped to the floor and shattered into a billion pieces! So the glass and puke took awhile to clean up before I could take a shower and get redressed for church. All while my girlies barely even noticed and were annoyed that the vacuum was so loud.

We were late for church but when I was finally getting the girls dressed I laughed so hard I cried. I have the girls wear little cartwheel shorts under their dresses. As Keags was pulling hers on she says to herself "I gotta get my spanx on." Haha! That brightened my whole afternoon! Leave it to a one liner from the Keags to solve my problems and almost redeem the day. Well that and a nice hot shower!







2 comments:

  1. oh Emily you are the best mom! so smart to stay calm and collected during a time when you probably wanted to scream and throw a fit! I love these stories you share... :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a good person. I would have totally stayed home from church after all of that!

    ReplyDelete