Pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A Whole New World

Being able to walk has really opened up a whole new world to my Riley girl! Now when I get her out of the car she is immediately squirming to get down and walk. And it is such a battle to get her in a wheelchair if we are walking longer distances. But I really can't blame her! The world must look so different to her now, and she's ready to explore it.

She loves to walk by the fridge and push the lever to make the water come out. She knows she's not supposed to, but she likes being able to be naughty like this! Her favorite thing to do now is "run" with her sister. Its such a cute quickened stomp that isn't nearly as fast as Keagans regular walk. But it makes me so happy that they both get such a kick out of being able to do something so simple together! FINALLY!

This morning after therapy she was trying to run away from me in the parking lot so she didn't have to get in the car. Of course she did it all while giggling! And this afternoon she walked in and out of the playroom to bring me fake food as a waitress over and over.


I'm still not used to her being a walker yet so she takes my breath away several times a day. She falls alot less now but she has horrible bruises on her knees and one on her hiney that make me so sad. I guess they are just battle wounds from the fight of her life! At least it's a fight she is definitely winning!

Keagan is also moving right along as my babies get closer to the big five! Last night she insisted upon loading the dishwasher all by herself and today in the car she BURPED a song for me! I mean seriously! What more could I ask for? Makes my heart swell!



0 comments:

Post a Comment