Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

A Whirl of a Summer




This is what our summer has looked like. As it comes to a close in a little over a week, I'm getting alot of "how was your summer?" It was pretty much like this picture of a flying Keagan. A whirl. We didn't go on vacation or do anything particularly exciting. But summer 2012 was a good one. A reminder that...my girls are getting big, they love to laugh and be loud, theres nothing like a cousin, that I adore being with them but that all of us do love when they are in school. So we have been busy getting ready for the back to school days!

Riley got new "boots" and "gloves". Miss Keagan was happy to help fit them. But the appointment reminded me why I normally get a babysitter for Riley's doctor appointments. After an hour in a confined room with the three of us, disaster strikes. As I turned around to help Keagan, Riley fell off the stool onto her face! Yeah I'm a good mom! The small egg above Riley's eye is total proof!


Keagan finally got her haircut! Something I've been working on all summer long! I've taken her to the salon with Kellie and she wouldn't even sit in the chair. Sa took her to the Sweet and Sassy salon and I got a text from her saying "your Asian had a full on meltdown." So we had to resort to Sa and I cutting her hair at home. It makes her look like such a big girl!


Our house turned 22 years old. You better believe we had a birthday party! Some days it's a cool thing I have brought my babies to live in my parents home. Other days its not the best. But everyday I am SO thankful for these walls and for the home both my parents have provided.





Now I'm ready for school, more structured days and definitely cooler weather! Back to school here we come!






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment