Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Quarantined

I think maybe our little family needs to be quarantined! Just maybe we have officially earned the title of "sickly" people. Because we are sick! Again!

And this time it's HORRIFIC!!
It's the barfies!

When the girls were first born as micro preemies, one of their doctors told me that they were going to have lowered immune systems and get sick often. Well add in the fact that Riley is medically fragile and that unfortunately their momma doesn't have a good bug fighting system herself and SNAP...we get sick. All. The. Time!

On Sunday I was on the brink of my own death when I had the unbelievable experience of throwing up SEVENTEEN times! Yes I counted. I always do.
By Monday morning I was doing better and was thankful I barely survived. But by Monday night I would have done it all over again if it meant my sweet Riley didn't have to! She got hit hard Monday night and threw up 8 times in 2 hours!! She is better today but still not great at all.

Miss Keagan hasn't gotten the stomach bug...dare I say it...yet. But she does have a pretty nasty cough that is keeping things exciting. And I have officially run out of Lysol so, we will see what tomorrow holds for her. Meanwhile we have been sleeping like this...


Nana is so lucky she is in California and missing all the fun. Since her bed is the biggest in the house, we have obviously taken over and set up shop. I needed to monitor Riley since she can likely aspirate, and Keagan felt left out of course. So here we are. Two nights in a row!

I'm exhausted to say the least and I spent my Valentines Day barely able to use the restroom on my own- twice I was holding someone! I am getting a little stir crazy but poor Keagan is all the way there. I am unbelievably thankful for Makell and Grama Linda who helped us survive the last couple of days! And grateful for Zofran, Ginger Ale and Priesthood Blessings too.

Like they always say, this too shall pass. And at least I got to spend my Valentines Day with my two true loves! Mommy loves you girls! Barfies and all!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment