Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

Parent Teacher

I had the greatest Parent/Teacher Conference for Riley last night! She was so excited to have me back in her classroom and to show me around. Once there and out of her wheelchair, she scooted around the class showing me all her favorite things. She beamed with pride as she grabbed her favorite book about a purple hippo, her favorite princess puzzle and her favorite toy which is this cute little house where she can scoot through the door and close it behind her. I was so thrilled to see her excitement and level if confidence and comfort first hand!

This is my darling girl in a special chair made specifically for her. Mrs Kellogg says people are amazed there is a student that actually fits in it!




Her teacher is pleased with how she is doing! She is doing well with meeting all of her goals on her IEP- Induvidualized Education Plan. She has started using an elevated surface and a small bead crayon to help her handwriting skills. She does alot of fine motor activities and speech therapy which includes the GoTalk communication device. She is also using a stander and a gait trainer/walker ever day!

Mrs Kellogg said she is the most social of all the students in the class and that last Friday she walked around in her walker giving all her friends high five! That makes me beam! I'm so excited that she has this wonderful and positive world where she can learn and grow! I am really happy with her teachers and feel very blessed that Riley is getting a great start to her school years!


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment