Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2016

Riley's Talk

Sweet Riley came home from church last week with an assignment. She had been asked to give the talk in Junior Primary this Sunday. At first I was a little nervous about what the topic was. It was "My body is a Temple." I know that our bodies are a wonderful gift from Heavenly Father. But I was a little stumped on what Riley would have to say about her little body that just doesn't work like it should. I am SO thankful for inspiration from the Holy Ghost on just what my sweet Riley would say. Today I was happy to help her stand at the podium and read her talk for her.

"My Body is a Temple" by Riley Kikuchi


Did you know that Satan is very jealous of you? He is jealous of everyone who has a body! That is because he cannot have one. And he wishes he did. So because he is jealous he wants to make us do bad things with our bodies. He tempts us to ruin our body’s purity by not taking care of our bodies, wearing inappropriate clothing or taking harmful substances. He even tempts us to be ashamed of our bodies—-to think that they aren’t good enough, tall enough, strong enough, or pretty enough.

Satan would love for me to not be happy with the body that Heavenly Father gave me because I have a little bit of a different body then most of you. Not all of my body works like your bodies do. It is harder for me to walk and use my hands. It is hard for me to eat sometimes and I can’t talk yet. But I still love my body! It is a wonderful gift from Heavenly Father! I work hard to make it stronger.  The scriptures tell all of us we can build “strength and virtue” into our bodies, and not to believe the devil’s lies about our bodies. 1 Corinthians 3:16–17 says “Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? … For the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.”

I am thankful for this body because Heavenly Father gave it to me. I know that my body is a Temple and I will do my very best to take care of it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment