Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Over Scheduled?

All week long my mom and my sister have been teasing me for over scheduling my children. All week I have laughed off their criticism, but today I totally felt it! We are, what we like to call tired-e. Yep maybe that was just a little too much. But at least its the good kind of tired! 

This week the girls had an amazing 4 days of soccer camp at UScore Soccer where they ran and played hard for 3 hours in the afternoon and were sore every night! And the LOVED it! They had two swim lessons that happened to come right after soccer camp, that's where the over scheduling talk started.  This week Keagan also met with her reading tutor for the last time this summer and Riley had therapy of course including some testing for OT that Keags and I helped with. This week Gramas finally came home from her summer in Wyoming and we had a great Family Home Evening dinner at the Frenchs along with the Fosters. This week we also ran typical errands and did all our typical chores and things. In all the remaining hours that were spent awake, Keags was playing and creating with her Legos and Riley was watching "Sid the Science Kid" on Netflix and I was staying up way too late intensely watching the Olympics to cheer on Simone Biles, Michael Phelps and Katie Ledecky! 

So does that all sound like too much to you? Even if it does, I am happy with all of it! I'm SO happy we did soccer camp and met such awesome coaches at a great facility! I was so happy to be proud of how Keagan never stopped hustling and trying and how far Riley came in being able to kick the ball!  Keagan was aggressive in her play and loud in her cheering, which was great! And Riley received an award today for having a great attitude! I'm happy they had friends at soccer and made lots of new friends including some of the coaches who were so great! I'm happy they are doing so well in swimming, tutoring and therapy and that all of that is helping them learn and grow! I'm happy we spent good time with those we love. And I'm happy that we are building memories together and creating a wonderful summer! 

So yes, we may have been a little over scheduled this week. But it was a fantastic week full of great opportunities, growth and memory making! So even if I'm tired-e, it's totally worth it! 

Now it's time for bed! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment