Pages

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas Eve 2015

My heart is full as I reflect on what we are really celebrating today. It's also full of memories made with my family, and let's be honest, way too much holiday treats as well!
Our great Christmas Eve started out well when we were Christmas elves delivering donuts for breakfast. Then this afternoon we made M&M Bites for all of our neighbors and had fun delivering those! I have to say that both girls really did a great job helping with getting all those treats made! 
We are lucky enough to have a great "in" with Santa through Auntie Jenn so he stopped by our house today! It was the closest Miss Riley has ever gotten to Santa, so that was a huge success. But unfortunately, Miss Keagan thought he looked an awful lot like Uncle Reed. 
For dinner we picked up yummy fajitas and ate at the Fosters with Nana and Miss Taryn while Hudson and Reagan are at their dad's. After we were stuffed of fajitas and macaroons we played Catch Phrase, Pictionary, and I had put together a little nativity reading with the cutest little stick masks. Good laughs of Riley being seriously fired up and Kellie stressing over Pictionary! I was just so glad everyone played together and that I finally convinced Miss Taryn to play pantyhose tug of war with me! 
Yes I did just post that picture!!

When it was time to go to bed I realized that I never bought the girls their Christmas jammies! That's the first time in 7 years, but they sure didn't notice and were as excited as ever. Mommy fail! At least we were good on the cookies for Santa and reindeer food. I tucked them in by re-telling the first part of the greatest bed time story ever told, the birth of our Savior. And they drifted off to sleep with Jesus and Santa both on their minds like millions of other kids tonight. 

They are not in Christmas jammies but they had a great Christmas Eve and hopefully their hearts are as full as mine! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment