Pages

Friday, January 9, 2015

It Happened!

One of the things that is extra challenging in our family because of Riley's Cerebral Palsy is eating on the go. Even though the girls are six, I can't usually just grab them something to eat in the car. I've discovered a few little options, but not much. You would be surprised how often I wish this wasn't a problem. But, Riley just needs quite a bit of feeding help still. The girl also makes a serious mess and eating is a little bit of an event. One that she definitely loves!


But tonight, it happened!! Totally unprompted, Keagan fed Riley in the car!! It was seriously amazing!

I know that sounds silly, but in our world this is a big deal! After dinner out with the French's, we stopped by Sa's house to say hi. One thing led to another and I ended up with a bunch of girls in my car for a Starbucks run. Keagan really wanted to be cool like the big girls and get a vanilla shake. I told her it had to be a small and she had to split it with Riley. She agreed. Then once the gaggle of girls was dropped off, Keagan took the initiative to feed her sister the treat! She was so sweet about it and Riley was beyond giddy! I'm not sure if Riley liked the shake or that Keagan was feeding her more! And I'm not sure Riley swallowed any of it because she was giggling so much. Either way it was a really great moment!

I'm not so sure we've got a total solution or how often this will go so smoothly again with everyone cooperating. But I'm so thankful that my little family of three faces our challenges together and we always find a way to make it work! Once we've got this little challenged conquered, I'm thinkin road trip!


- Posted using BlogPress

1 comments: