Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pneumonia







I am sitting in a quite hospital room holding my sick baby and missing her sister. I have done this more then once or twice before, but it doesn't seem to get any easier.

Riley was admitted to St Luke's in The Woodlands yesterday after vomitting blood at Keagans school led to an ER visit that confirmed pneumonia. This is our first stay at this particular hospital and we love the Texas Children's doctors, nice rooms, closer location and room service. But I don't love being here. Despite all the staff providing good and necessary treatment, the constant in and out of our room with meds, vital checks and breathing treatments has left us both a little fried! And unfortunately our room door was a revolving one all night, so even the 2 Cokes aren't helping much.

With a very pale but still gorgeous face, Riley looks about as good as the bad stormy weather outside. She has just over 57 tubes attached to her body keeping her pretty stationary on my lap. In reality she just has a nasal canula, pulse oximetry and her IV. But if she were to wake up and get any energy today she wouldn't be able to go very far.

She is using all of her energy just to breath and is only successful at that with oxygen help and double breathing treatments every 2 hours. Hopefully the double IV antibiotics and all the steroids they are juicing her up with will fight this beast hard and fast! Pneumonia is no joke!!!

While I am missing Keagan I think she is doing just fine without us. She was excited to have a slumber party with her cousins last night and when I talked to her this morning she was having popcorn for breakfast! Like my dad would have said "beggars cant be choosers" and I'm just so thankful she has Sa's house to stay at! Hopefully we can beat this sickness and all be back at home together very soon! I might be so happy to be under our roof together that I serve everyone popcorn for breakfast too!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comments:

  1. Emily! You're breaking my heart! That poor little girl. You poor mama. I wish I could be there to hold your hand during this. Prayers for Riley, and prayers for Mama!

    ReplyDelete