Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

I Hear You!










This afternoon Riley brought me to tears. It's not what you are thinking. They were happy tears. Very happy! Ones straight from a very full and thankful heart.

It was after school and Keagan was watching tv. I was sitting on the floor chatting it up with Riley. The little Miss has been very vocal lately. Which I absolutely love. I was holding her hands for balance as she stood and faced me. So we were having a little face to face conversation. As she sometimes does, she was coughing at me as her form of communication. When I told her for the third time "I love you" thats when she did it!

She looked me straight in the eyes and gave three very distinct coughs. She then leaned in and gave me one of her special kisses. I have absolutely no doubt that she was saying "I love you." My heart heard it as clear as my ears hear Keagan say those words. It was an incredible moment for me! Her love is never something I have ever questioned. But for her to express it to me was remarkable! Incredible! And unforgettable!

There is no question that one heart can speak to another. I see it all the time in my nonverbal miracle. I feel so blessed to be this little girls momma and to receive her love. And it's even better that today I heard it straight from her heart!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. Amazing. So glad you can hear and feel her love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome emily! i think you are an amazing mom and i dont know how you do it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH Emily---You are so choice and it brings me to tears knowing all that you deal with. I know angels surround you and your girls every day and I pray they can communicate the love of the Savior for you as you care and nurture his TWO little angels on this earth. You are a very special daughter of our Heavenly Father--you truly are and I hope that "special" Riley continues to improve in her own special way. I pray that with all that medicine can offer that miracles continue to happen in her behalf as well as you and Keagan. Love you tons. The newlyweds are doing so good. Both are in school and both are happy as two little clams. It cracks me up that my "caboose" is functioning on his own and happy to do it. Bob and I chuckle all the time---love you so much!!!
    tgn

    ReplyDelete