Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Movin In the Right Direction

Yesterday was a hard, hard day. I had really hoped Riley would turn a corner, but she didn't have any improvement. Instead she vomited and her heart rate kept dipping low. There was talk of sending her down to Texas Children's and even though I LOVE that place, the idea was almost sending me to my breaking point.

And then there was my Keags. The girl is thankfully being so well taken care of by the Fosters. But she is so thrown off her routine and confused and scared. So she wouldn't come with Gramas to see me at the hospital as planned. But Nana was here with Riley so I actually left here, drove to Sa's house, and spent a great 45 mins hugging, kissing and playing with my princess. It was such amazing therapy but when it was time for me to leave it broke my heart. I don't think I'll ever forget her little face standing outside telling me not to go to the "hospal" through her tears. That opened my flood gates for a serious drive back here.

It was a very long night with a revolving door again. And things didn't look great this morning. We are on day four here, but it feels like day 25! But Sa brought Kellie, Addie and Keagan up here and that did SO much for both Riley and I. Then after a good bath for my baby, she went off oxygen on to room air and a chest x-ray confirmed things are getting better. Dr Matthews brought the great news that though she is still pretty sick, we have turned a corner! It feels so wonderful to finally be headed in the right direction.

This week has reminded me of 3 things...One is what doesn't kill ya makes you stronger. So cliche, but so true!

Two, I am SO thankful for the village I have helping me raise my two girls alone!! Nana and Grama Linda have been here everyday to cuddle with Riley and let me leave the room a little bit. And I'm so thankful Keagan has the Fosters to adopt her for all this time!

And third, prayer works! There is an incredible amount of people sending us their love, support and especially prayers. I can feel those prayers and note they are the reason I'm holding it all together just fine! (well that and Coke!)

Im hoping Riley starts eating or drinking soon as it has been days. And that she can maintain her oxygen all night. That will bring us closer to going home with Keags. I can't wait to return to our normal and I don't know if I will ever take normal for granted again!











Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, I yearn to look at your blog and find good news, but not near as much as you yearn to give it. You have enormous blessings awaiting you in heaven, Missy, and 2 right here on earth. Bless your little Riley and Keagan.

    ReplyDelete