Pages

Saturday, April 1, 2017

Sorry, Not Sorry

Sometimes I feel bad for my girls. I mean don't get me wrong, these princesses have it good, real good. But I can be a super annoying mom!

I know I nag and I try to control way too much. I still pick their outfits out most days for heaven sakes! But if you asked Keagan in particular what is most annoying about her mom I know exactly what she would say, and she would be happy to tell you! I  kiss and love on them way too much. I probably kiss Riley about 25 times a day and force out at least 5 a day from Keagan. I have to have some kind of cuddling or good hugs with each of them everyday. And I tell them I love them way too often! Like it's kinda ridiculous! I will gasp like something is wrong and when they look at me in fear I say "I love you!" I will tell them in a really sad way "listen I've got to tell you something serious. I'm really sorry about this, but I have to tell you." And once they are sufficiently worried I tell them "I love you!" I will call from another room and say "Oh my gosh Keagan come here quick!" And then once she runs in I will say "I love you!" See? SUPER annoying right?! I literally just was in Keagan's face while she was trying to play minecraft and I repeated "I love you! I love you! I love you!" until she gave me three kisses! I'm ridiculous!  

Trust me there are times (too many) that my girls annoy the crap out of me because, you know, they are 8 and I am, you know, way too impatient. And then I'm not so lovey dovey. But otherwise, I'm pathetically so amazed and in adoration of these two sweet girls! But unfortunately there are down sides to that. One of those is that we all share germs! Nasty germs! That is how all three of us ended up with strep last weekend! That was super fun! Thank heavens for the antibiotic shot for both Riley and I! Miss Keagan talked her way into just getting the regular antibiotics. But poor Miss Riley was still taking Tamiflu! She was diagnosed with the flu last week as well! Poor thing! We caught it super early and she had the flu shot so thank heavens she was really only symptomatic for one day. But on paper she started the week with the flu and ended the week with strep! Poor thing! Then this past Friday had me totally down for the count with a migraine and I had to stay home from work! I mean really! We are ridiculous! But we are happy and healthy now! We actually all bounce back fast once we get the right meds and some sleep! So does that mean we can just continue sharing all our germs? Cause there is no way I'm giving up my kisses! Sorry, not sorry! 

Does she look like she has strep? 
 
But she definitely looks like she has the flu here! I felt SO bad for her I almost cried! This only lasted a couple of hours, but still!
 
 
Before we went to the urgent care on Saturday Keagan was terrified of having to get a shot and sent me this from her iPad! 
 

And then on Sunday when it was my turn at the urgent care she texted me 27 times! I guess it's nice she missed me.
 

But if you know us at all then you know that all of that ridiculousness of sickness didn't hold us back from still having fun and making memories! 

On the third day Riley was home sick with the flu, because she felt totally fine, I decided to venture back out into the world. We had lunch with Miss Taryn and Hudson where Riley got comfy in her saddle! Then we surprised Keagan at school! We checked her out just a little early so we could all go see the new "Beauty and the Beast!" Keags is not always the best with surprises but after the initial ruffle we had such a magical time together and LOVED the movie! 
 
 
 
Also in between sickness, the girls have been busy at school of course! Keagan had a popsicle party, made Mrs Noble so happy when she brought in her treasured peso as they are learning about coins, released their class butterflies and attended her first SNAP, Scotties Never Absent Party. Riley built Rapunzel towers and got extra love from Alessandro! 
 
 
 
 
 
 

And we stayed just as busy and had just as much fun outside of school! Last Saturday before the strep hit we had a fantastic day! We attended the beautiful baptism of my friend from work, Tiffany and then we had lunch and went shopping. Wouldn't you know I almost got to buy a Riley at the store but she was priceless! 
 

Riley got a great haircut from Miss Melissa and a new wrist/hand splint from Miss Wiltse; two incredible women who are amazingly kind to us!

 
 
Last night after our usual great Friday dinner with Sa and Todd, the girls loved hanging out with Hudson while his mom and sister took the YW camping! 
 

While Riley was in therapy today I let Keags pick anything for us to do together and she picked the patio of Panera. Love that girl and cherish one on one time! 
 

We also continued our ridiculous hunt for Keagans new shoes and finally had success at the mall. Of course the standard procedure there is the carousel and dip n dots! 
 
 
And finally it was a girls night with Miss Taryn and Reagan tonight filled with our usual good food and LOTS of laughter!

 

Despite all the yuckyness, we have had so much good and my heart is happy! Plus it's General Conference weekend for church and I have all day tomorrow to soak up all the messages my Heavenly Father has for me! Germs behind us, we are ready to hear the prophets voice! And I'm sure we will get some good snuggling in tomorrow too! Sounds perfect! 

This had to be my favorite text of all time and was the equivalent of lots of hugs and kisses from this sweet girl! Not quite sure what I did to receive this but I will take that any day! 
 

  

0 comments:

Post a Comment