Pages

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Imperfect Easter

I LOVE Easter and all the joy, hope, and family that comes with it. Let's just start with that. 

We had a fantastic morning. The Easter bunny was WAY too generous as always. Combine that with gifts from Grama Linda and great packages from their dad and the Kikuchi girls have been officially Easter spoiled. Church was really wonderful too and the spirit of Easter was so alive and well! 

But, to be completely honest, I wouldnt say our Easter Sunday was blissful. All three of us with allergies/stuffy noses/coughs, drama over just who is actually coming to dinner and the stress for me of feeding what ended up being 25 people just got the best of me! It happens, and at least I'm honest about it. The egg hunt with almost 200 eggs was over before I could really take pictures, Keags was in tears twice, Riley refused to eat because there was too much going on, and the stress before dinner left me with a pounding headache. We even forgot about the 8 dozen confetti eggs I had ready!

But we pulled it off. We were all together, loud, crazy and fun! We had quite the Easter feast and my girls were in cousin heaven! I was so glad the Sundwall's and Aunt Mary and Uncle Gary who are visiting from Utah could be with us and that the table that I stressed about setting was filled with tons and tons of laughter! 

So maybe all of that just represents the perfect of most imperfect Easters. In one of my favorite talks on Easter last year, Jeffery R Holland said "So today we celebrate the gift of victory over every fall we have ever experienced, every sorrow we have ever known, every discouragement we have ever had, every fear we have ever faced—to say nothing of our resurrection from death and forgiveness for our sins. That victory is available to us because of events that transpired on a weekend precisely like this nearly two millennia ago in Jerusalem." 

So it's ok that our Easter wasn't perfect, it's not really supposed to be. We are only perfect in Him and with Him. And despite the stress and drama, that is something I can always celebrate! In the midst of all the craziness I can proclaim "I know that my Redeemer lives!" And maybe that was just all the Easter I needed. 

The Easter Bunny left a trail of his half eaten carrots! Keagan said he must have really been in a hurry! 
 

He brought sleep masks, joke books and Princess Poppy hair styling toys!
 

He also brought crazy sour Warheads!
 

Oh man my babies are darling! 
 
  

The feast! 
 

SO many eggs!
 

All the hunters- the teenagers actually participated because I included money eggs! 

We had the Ginn's, the Fosters, the Frenchs, the Sundwalls, and Aunt Mary and Uncle Gary. Plus Chris and Makayla came with Addie and Miles came with Hudson. 

Keagan giving Riley some extra eggs! So sweet!   
 
 

Happy Easter! Despite it not being perfect, because of Him it is always happy for us! Now anyone want some confetti eggs?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment