Pages

Saturday, April 15, 2017

EGGselent Saturday!

The girls and I had a really EGGcelent Saturday together today! We went to Zube Park this morning to ride the trains. It was gorgeous weather and we really had a blast. Then this afternoon we roped Nana into dying Easter eggs with us. It's a traditional must, cause you know this momma loves traditions, but I'm always happy once it's over and cleaned up. The best part was that Keags insisted they wear their tie dye t shirts in case they spilled anything it would just blend right in! Other then that we cleaned to get ready for tomorrow, watched the movie "hop", had lunch at McDonalds and dinner at Sa's. And the best part is we chatted, joked and laughed together! It really was great! 

It was my goal to talk through out the day about the true meaning of Easter and the hope and joy that this beautiful celebration brings. I am not always good at teaching along the way and have been praying for help with this, and today I feel like those prayers were answered. We had a very powerful moment in the car together as I retold the girls the story they already know of the events of Easter week, the greatest story ever told. I cried as I explained in detail what our Savior went thru to atone and sacrifice for us. The girls were listening so intently and at one point sweet Keagan's voice broke their silence and said "I know mommy, you don't have to finish if it makes you cry." And sweet Riley reached up and put her hand on my shoulder! Oh these sweet girls! 

But I continued to finish the story and express my deep gratitude and joy that I now feel and am reminded of this week. I also got the chance to explain that my tears are not just because of my gratitude but also because I feel the Holy Ghost in my heart testifying of the truth. That led to a great discussion of how we feel the Holy Ghost. So a simple car ride turned into such a teaching, bonding, testimony building conversation that I am much more thankful for then I am for the fun activities we did today! 

We ended the day by getting ready for the Easter Bunny to come with carrots and water, and wondered all about him with two excited little girls! Or maybe I should make that three excited girls! We are ALL ready for Easter! 

 

 
 

  
 
   
 
 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment