Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

And Then They Were Seven!

How does seven years fly by SO fast and yet seem so long and so full of ups, downs and more ups? Today my babies turned SEVEN and it's very bitter sweet. 

Every year I hang up the same decorations as I did on their first birthday. I hang them the night before and get very sentimental about these two little miracles of mine! From tiny and sick micro preemies to strong and amazing seven year olds, and it's been a beautiful road to journey on with them. I am amazed at these little people for who they are, what they bring to this world and all that they teach me! 
Today they taught me how to enjoy a birthday! They got to wear whatever they wanted to school so Riley picked her Brill shirt of course and Keags settled on comfy athletic shorts. 
After a great day at school I decided to let them open their gifts early. Keagan was more then thrilled with the American girl doll stuff she got in preparation for this Saturday when we had planned for them to get their first American Girl doll. But we had quite the situation with Miss Riley that changed things. 

The second gift she opened was a ballet outfit for her future doll, but Riley got HYSTERICAL when I wouldn't put the tiny leotard on HER! Like hysterical! After 20 minutes of trying to calm her down I pulled out plan B. My sweet niece and God Daughter Kate is a huge American Girl fan and has quite a bit of stuff. Since she has so much and is getting older, she sent two of her dolls to the doll hospital to get all spiffied up and then on to our house with new outfits!! That was so incredibly sweet of her and her mom! Little did I know that would totally save the day today! I pulled out those dolls and put the leotard on Riley's doll who is now appropriately named Kate, and you would be amazed at how fast Riley went from devestated to elated! The girl was thrilled, had to put her own leotard on and then carried Kate everywhere. Keagan is just as thrilled with her doll named Sami and particularly with all the little extra excessories like the luggage set and carrying case. I think the matching shirt with her doll really sent it over the edge!
Then the Fosters, Frenchs, Gamas and Coach all came over to celebrate these two special girls. Dinner and cake with a lot of love and laughter mixed in is my kind of birthday! This year I got the girls each their own cake and we sang seperately to them which I know they both really liked.

Of course everyone spoiled the girls! Nana gave them their traditional number dolls plus she will buy their dolls on Saturday. The Frenchs will buy them an outfit on Saturday, Gamas got them the cutest cowgirl outfit with bows on the butt and Sa seriously got them a wobble and way too many other gifts including tons of hand me down American Girl clothes which will be well loved! My sweet visiting teacher and friend Joanne Hernandez even brought over darling Hallowwen gifts and Melanie Chalk surprised all three of us with chocolate! And the best part is these girls being spoiled with love! So many hugs, calls and messages sent that it fills my heart! 
I am insanely thankful today and everyday that The Lord sees fit to let me borrow these two special spirits from heaven! They are both little miracles that fill my life and others with so much joy and strength! I'm so glad that they were both so happy today and had a wonderful birthday! I can't wait to see what great things this next year holds for each of them! 

Happy Birthday a Keagan and Riley! 

1 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to these two beautiful girls! And happy mommiversary to you!! May the blessings continue.

    ReplyDelete